In today’s world, having a reliable power source is essential for both home and outdoor usage. And when it comes to backup power options, the versatility of dual fuel generators can’t be beaten.
Today, we’ll dive into the top 5 best dual fuel generators on the market and provide valuable information to help you choose the perfect generator tailored to your specific needs. So stick around as we explore some of the most innovative power solutions available today!
Top 5 Best Dual Fuel Generators
1. Durowatt Duplex 4550i
Versatile Power Solution for RVs, Tailgating, and Home Backup.
- Dual fuel power source for added flexibility
- Keyless features and quiet operation for convenience and comfort
- Variable speed to adjust power output as needed
- Suitcase noise reducing shell to minimize disturbances
- Propane tank connection included for easy setup
- 1 year warranty for peace of mind
The Durowatt Duplex 4550i sets the standard in power and convenience as a top-of-the-line dual fuel inverter generator. Designed for ultimate versatility, this powerhouse runs on either gasoline or propane, delivering an impressive 4,550 starting watts and 3,850 running watts.
With its extended runtime of up to 7 hours on gasoline and a cutting-edge digital hybrid design technology, it’s no wonder we’ve ranked this generator as our number one choice.
What truly sets the Duplex 4550i apart is its focus on user-friendly features such as remote, electric and recoil start options, making it suitable for various applications including RVs, tailgating events or even home backup during emergencies.
Its all-weatherproof outlet covers protect the built-in outlets: a 120V 30A RV socket; one 120V household outlet with dual USB adapter; and a hidden gem – a bonus12V DC outlet! CARB compliant with an advanced Throttle-Reflex Mode feature that extends engine life while saving fuel by automatically adjusting engine speed based on necessity.
Not only does this generator excel in performance but also in silence – operating at just 58dBA thanks to its soundproof shell casing. This innovative design makes it significantly quieter than traditional generators (50%!) while being lighter by about 20%.
The intuitive auto voltage regulator ensures clean energy output without damaging sensitive electronics during usage. So rest assured knowing you’re investing in durability and reliability when choosing the outstanding Durowatt Duplex 4550i Dual Fuel Generator for your power needs.
- Remote, electric and recoil start for ease of use
- Dual fuel option allows for extended run time on either gasoline or propane
- Soundproof casing and all weather proof outlet covers ensure quiet operation in any weather condition
- Throttle-reflex mode saves fuel and extends engine life while delivering clean power suitable even for sensitive electronics.
- May be too pricey for some customers.
- Not suitable for heavy-duty industrial use.
- The generator may need to cool down before restarting on propane after switching between fuels.
2. Westinghouse WGen6000
Reliable Backup Power for Homeowners During Emergencies.
- Electric Start for easy and effortless starting
- Automatic Voltage Regulation to keep appliances and electronics safe during operation
- Low Oil Shutdown to protect the engine from damage due to low oil levels
- Muffler for quiet operation and reduced noise pollution
- Hour Meter for tracking usage and maintenance schedules
- 3 Year Limited Warranty for added peace of mind
The Westinghouse WGen6000 is a reliable and powerful solution for keeping your home powered during blackouts or power outages. With 7500 peak watts and 6000 running watts, this portable generator can deliver continuous power to essential appliances in your household.
Powered by a durable 420cc Westinghouse 4-stroke OHV engine, the WGen6000 offers an impressive run time of up to 13 hours on a full tank of gas.
One great feature of the WGen6000 is its Transfer Switch Ready L14-30R outlet which allows you to connect it directly to your home’s electrical system, eliminating the need for multiple extension cords or power strips.
GFCI household outlets also provide added safety while using the generator. The built-in fuel gauge, automatic low oil shutdown, electric start and digital hour meter all make operating and maintaining this generator simple and stress-free.
Our decision to rank the Westinghouse WGen6000 at No.2 on our list was due to its efficient performance and user-friendly design.
This CARB-compliant gas-powered generator has excellent features that make it suitable as a backup option for most households in times of emergencies.
Furthermore, backed by three years limited service warranty along with lifetime technical support from nationwide customer service network makes this product an ideal choice for homeowners seeking both reliability and peace of mind when facing unexpected power outages.
- Ready for any emergency power outage with 7500 peak watts
- Safe and user-friendly with GFCI outlets and rubber covers
- Reliable and long-lasting with a cast iron sleeve engine
- Easy to use, comes with oil, tool kit, and user’s manual
- Heavy and bulky, not ideal for easy transportation
- Can be noisy when running at full capacity
- Requires regular maintenance to ensure optimal performance and longevity
3. Champion Power Equipment 100165
Reliable Dual Fuel Generator with Electric Start and Volt Guard
- Dual fuel capability allows for use of both gasoline and propane as a power source, providing flexibility and convenience.
- Powerful 439cc OHV engine delivers up to 7500 watts of output wattage, making it capable of powering multiple appliances or tools at once.
- Electric start feature makes starting the generator quick and easy with just the push of a button.
- Portable design with wheels and handle allows for easy mobility, making it ideal for use in various locations or during emergencies.
- Propane-powered option provides a clean-burning fuel alternative that is eco-friendly and cost-effective over time.
- Champion Power Equipment brand offers trusted quality and reliability for peace of mind when using this generator.
The Champion Power Equipment 100165 offers a powerful and versatile solution for your portable power needs. With an impressive dual fuel system, this generator can run on either gasoline or propane, making it convenient and cost-effective to maintain. The electric start feature ensures a smooth and hassle-free experience every time you need power.
This 9375/7500-watt generator is perfect for powering multiple appliances during emergencies or providing electricity at outdoor events. Its built-in Intelligauge helps users monitor voltage, hertz, and run-time hours so that they can easily track maintenance intervals. Moreover, the low oil shut-off sensor adds a layer of protection against potential damage caused by insufficient lubrication.
We’ve ranked the Champion Power Equipment 100165 as No.3 in our list due to its phenomenal mix of features like Dual Fuel technology and Electric Start while still maintaining affordability compared to its competitors in the market. It also comes with excellent support from Champion, including a 3-year limited warranty and free lifetime technical assistance from dedicated experts that will keep you feeling secure about your investment over time.
- Includes a 3-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts.
- Provides powerful performance, offering up to 9375 starting watts and 7500 running watts on gasoline and 8400 starting watts and 6750 running watts on propane.
- Features an Intelligauge that allows you to monitor power output, voltage, hertz, and run-time hours easily.
- Offers added durability with a tubular steel frame for protection and electric start capability by the simple touch of a button. Plus, it operates using either gasoline or propane as fuel.
- Heavy and bulky design may make it difficult to move around or store
- Noisy operation, especially when running on gasoline
- Expensive compared to other portable generator options
4. Pulsar PG10000B16
Versatile and Efficient Dual Fuel Generator for Home and Outdoor Use.
- Dual-fuel capability for versatility and convenience.
- Powerful output of up to 10,000 watts peak and 8,000 watts rated.
- Propane-powered option for cleaner emissions and cost-saving.
- Electric start feature for easy operation.
- Compact design at only 209 pounds for portability.
- Dependable brand quality with Pulsar’s trusted reputation in the market.
The Pulsar PG10000B16 Portable Dual Fuel Generator is the perfect solution for those seeking a reliable and versatile power source.
Boasting an impressive 10,000W peak output on gasoline and 9,000W peak output on LPG, this unit has enough capacity to power multiple appliances or tools simultaneously.
As an added bonus, the dual fuel capability allows you to switch between gasoline and LPG without shutting down the generator – making it ideal for unpredictable circumstances where one fuel type may be unavailable.
One of the standout features of this generator is its electric push start with recoil backup, ensuring quick startups without hassle. The powerful 420cc OHV engine delivers dependable performance while being protected by a durable powder-coated steel frame.
Additionally, running at half load on gasoline will give you approximately 12 hours of continuous operation from its generous 6.6-gallon fuel tank; providing ample runtime for most residential or recreational needs.
The Pulsar PG10000B16’s RV-ready design ensures that it integrates seamlessly into your travel adventures as well as acting as emergency backup during natural disasters like hurricanes or snowstorms.
With CARB compliance and Switch & Go technology standard in this model, you can have peace of mind knowing that you’re investing in a portable generator that performs efficiently under varying conditions while minimizing its environmental impact.
- Convenient electric push start with backup recoil option for quick and easy start-up
- Seamless transition between LPG and gasoline fuel sources with Switch & Go technology
- Large 6.6 gallon fuel tank provides up to 12 hours of continuous operation at half load on gasoline
- Durable powder coated steel frame protects the powerful 420cc engine, which delivers up to 10,000 peak watts and 8000 rated watts (gas) or 9000 peak watts and 7000 rated watts (LPG).
- Heavy weight makes it difficult to move around
- Louder noise level compared to other generators
- May require regular maintenance for consistent performance
5. DuroMax XP12000EH
Power Your Life Anywhere with Dual Fuel Technology
- Dual fuel generator: can run on both gas and propane
- 12000 watts of power output: enough to power multiple large appliances simultaneously
- Portable design with wheel kit: easy to move around for outdoor activities or emergency situations
- Easy electric start feature: no need for manual pull-starting
- Heavy-duty construction: durable and built to last in tough environments
- Comes with battery and tool kit included: convenient and ready-to-use right out of the box
As a seasoned generator user, I have found the DuroMax XP12000EH to be an exceptional choice for both home backup and recreational use.
Nicknamed “the BEAST,” this dual fuel portable generator provides an impressive 12,000 watts of peak power when using gasoline and 11,400 watts with propane.
This immense power ensures you can run high amperage tools, essential appliances like refrigerators or air conditioners, or even supply electricity during a power outage.
The DuroMax XP12000EH truly stands out due to its dual fuel technology: you can choose between using propane or gasoline as your fuel source.
Not only does this provide flexibility in terms of availability and pricing but also has environmental benefits since propane is known to produce fewer emissions than gasoline.
Furthermore, the unit’s electric start system makes it absolutely user-friendly while the optional recoil start serves as a backup for added reliability.
What sets this generator apart is the MX2 switch function that allows users to operate at either 120 volts and full amperage, or simultaneously at both 120 and 240 volts – perfect for versatile usage scenarios like powering an RV or construction site equipment.
The fully loaded power panel comes equipped with various outlets suitable for different applications along with safety features such as circuit breakers and low oil indicator – ensuring reliable output without risking damage to your vital appliances.
Overall, investing in the DuroMax XP12000EH means equipping yourself with a powerful yet flexible piece of machinery that will not only see you through those unexpected blackouts but also make camping trips much more enjoyable!
As someone who’s experienced its practicality firsthand, I know that choosing “the BEAST” guarantees peace of mind regardless of where life takes you!
- Dual fuel technology allows for flexible fuel choice of either propane or gasoline
- 12,000 starting watts and 9,500 running watts make it capable of handling heavy loads
- EPA and CARB approval for use in all 50 states
- Automatic low oil shutdown feature protects the generator investment
- Heavy and bulky, making it difficult to move around
- Can be loud when running at full capacity
- May require additional ventilation if using propane fuel indoors
Factors To Consider When Choosing A Dual Fuel Generator
When choosing a dual-fuel generator, it is crucial to consider factors such as power output, fuel efficiency, portability, and price.
Power output is a critical factor to consider when searching for the 5 Best Dual Fuel Generators.
As a power source, you want your generator to be capable of handling all your electricity needs during an emergency or outdoor usage, such as camping or powering tools at a job site.
The power output, measured in watts (W), determines how many appliances and devices you can run simultaneously using the generator.
For example, if you need backup power for essential home appliances like refrigerators, lighting systems, and charging electronic devices during outages, then a dual fuel generator with medium wattage—around 3-4kW—may suffice.
On the other hand, if you require heavy-duty generators that can deliver electricity for larger appliances like air conditioners or even an entire household’s electrical load, look for generators with higher wattage capacities like 7-10kW.
Many manufacturers now offer inverter generators providing cleaner and stable electric start energy while also being more fuel-efficient than traditional portable generators.
Brands such as Honda and Champion produce high-power dual-fuel technology options that ensure consistent performance regardless of the type of fuel used – gasoline or propane.
As I’ve discovered through my research, it’s clear that considering the power output based on your specific requirements will help you make an informed decision before purchasing the perfect fit among available brands such as Pulsar and Duromax.
This way, not only will you have adequate emergency power but also save on potential expenditures from insufficiently powered units due to trial-and-error approaches.
Fuel efficiency is a crucial factor to consider when selecting the best dual fuel generator for your needs. A highly fuel-efficient generator not only saves you money on fuel costs but also reduces its environmental impact by consuming less gasoline or propane.
It’s essential to compare different models’ run times and consumption rates to identify the most efficient option suitable for your requirements.
For example, Pulsar, one of the recommended brands for powerful dual-fuel generators, offers various models with impressive efficiency levels.
Their generators can provide ample power while keeping fuel consumption minimal, making it easier on both your wallet and the environment.
Similarly, Champion’s advanced dual-fuel inverter generators are popular due to their ability to regulate wattage output based on demand automatically; this helps conserve energy resources and reduces noise levels simultaneously.
By prioritizing fuel efficiency in your search for a reliable power source, you’ll enjoy enhanced performance without sacrificing cost savings or sustainability efforts – making it an ideal choice whether you need backup power at home or portable electricity during outdoor adventures.
Portability is a crucial aspect to consider when selecting the perfect dual fuel generator for your needs. It largely determines the ease of transportation, set-up, and usage – especially for those who require backup power during outdoor adventures or jobsite operations.
A portable generator offers convenience and flexibility as it can be moved from one location to another without much hassle.
There are various factors that contribute to a generator’s portability including its weight, built-in wheels, and easy-to-carry design features such as handles or straps.
For instance, some heavy-duty generators may have bulky dimensions but come with sturdy wheels and foldable handles that make them easier to maneuver.
When researching specific models like Pulsar or Champion dual-fuel generators, their product descriptions often mention these portability-enhancing components which ultimately make your life easier whether you’re using the unit at home, during an RV trip, or even while camping in the great outdoors.
As someone who has researched and purchased a dual-fuel generator, I understand the importance of considering price when choosing the right model. Dual-fuel generators can range in price from a few hundred to thousands of dollars, depending on their wattage, brand, and features.
For example, some of the more affordable options include the Sportsman GEN4000DF and DuroMax XP4850EH models. These generators are great for powering small appliances and electronics during an emergency or outdoor activity, but may not have enough power output for larger household needs.
On the other hand, higher-end brands such as Honda or Westinghouse offer dual-fuel generators with advanced features like automatic voltage regulation and parallel capability. These models often come at a premium cost but provide users with reliable backup power for their entire home.
Ultimately, it’s important to strike a balance between your budget and your power needs when shopping for a dual-fuel generator. Look for models that provide adequate power output while staying within your budget constraints.
In conclusion, having a reliable backup power source is crucial in case of emergencies or when you need to power outdoor appliances. Dual fuel generators have become increasingly popular due to their flexibility and efficiency.
When choosing the best dual-fuel generator, consider factors such as power output, fuel type, portability, and noise level.
After thorough research and analysis, we highly recommend the Durowatt Duplex 4550i for its powerful performance and keyless features that ensure your comfort while in use. It also comes with a propane tank connection for easy setup.
Another top option is the Westinghouse WGen6000 with its Electric Start feature making starting effortless; it also has an Hour Meter for tracking usage schedules. With Automatic Voltage Regulation technology included, appliances remain safe during operations.
Investing in either one of these products will guarantee efficient performance without worrying about low oil levels or engine damage among other benefits.
You may also like our product round up of the Best Quiet Generators